We have substantial and varied patent prosecution experience across numerous technical fields including emerging technologies. We estimate that firm members have worked with more than 750 inventors and prosecuted thousands of patent applications. We prepare, file, prosecute and maintain patent applications both in the US and in non-US jurisdictions (with assistance from foreign counsel). We can assist with foreign-originated U.S. application filings and prosecution. We handle complex post-grant proceedings, including those involving patents asserted in parallel litigation proceedings. Our members have argued multiple cases before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to individual inventors.
Representative industries we counsel:
- Defense & Basic Research
- Energy (O & G, Solar, Utilities)
- Mobile Applications
- Computer & Console Gaming
- Integrated Circuits
- Computer Architecture
Representative technology areas include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Software, Computer Architecture & Security, Business Methods
- Cloud Computing & Storage
- Radiation Detection & Imaging
- Chemical & Bio Sensors/Detectors
- Optical Devices (Modulators, Displays, Detectors, Lasers)
- Materials (Semiconductors, Liquid Crystal, Plasma, Coatings)
- Mobile Networks & Applications
- Biomedical Devices
- Solar Panels & Related Devices
- Gaming Equipment
- Drilling & Fracturing Technology
- Smart Grids
- Computer Architecture VLSI design
- Solid state electronics
- Distributed Systems
- Wireless & Digital Communications
- Integrated Circuits
- Software engineering & Design
- Operating Systems
- Digital Rights Management
Why Choose Us?
Experience matters. There are few intellectual property issues we have not encountered in our collective years of practice. Together, we have we have more than 15 years of Am Law 100 law firm attorney experience, nearly two decades of teaching, 4 years at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and 2+ years of clerkship experience, including clerking at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
With degrees in physics, electrical engineering and computer engineering, as well as industry experience from internships with Texas Instruments and the Naval Research Laboratory, we can and do handle patent matters across multiple technological disciplines.
Years of Experience
Awards & Honors
Ms. Bey is our managing partner and lead attorney on patent prosecution and patent portfolio management, as well as IP due diligence and patent analyses.
Mr. Cotropia is the lead attorney on trademark, copyright and IP litigation-related matters.
Distributed rule-based probabilistic time-series classifier
Deep ocean long range underwater navigation algorithm (UNA) for determining the geographic position of underwater vehicles
Gold nanoparticle in ceramic glaze